Field Engineer 3 - Point Mugu, CA
Northrop Grumman is seeking a highly skilled Field Engineer to maintain Amherst System's Combat Electromagnetic Environment Simulator (CEESIM) product lines. This position is located at Point Mugu, California.
The Field Engineer will provide Engineering support to resolve system level problems reported by the customer on delivered hardware. Customer problems may be resolved over the phone or by traveling to customer locations to perform installation, troubleshooting and repair of electronic warfare equipment.
The successful candidate will have a background in Radar, Electronic Warfare (EW) systems, RF Engineering, or other electronics background, and will have experience testing, troubleshooting and performing repairs. Extensive knowledge in the proper usage of RF/Digital test equipment such as a multi-meter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and power meter is desired.
The Field Engineer must be able to interact independently with customers and coordinate engineering efforts within the company to identify solutions to customer reported problems. The selected candidate must have the ability to work from schematics; write reports for both customers and internal management; and be able to navigate a LINUX and UNIX directory structure from the command line with proficiency.
The person selected for this position will be required to undergo training at the Northrop Grumman site in Buffalo, NY for approximately 2-6 months (depending on customer requirements) prior to working in Point Mugu, CA.
Shift work may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline plus 3 years of related experience; or an Associate's Degree in a technical discipline plus 5 years of related work experience; or a minimum of 7 years related experience. Candidates with U.S. military electronic school in electronic warfare/radar plus 5 years of related experience may also be considered. Related experience includes experience with radar, Electronic Warfare systems, RF Engineering, or other electronics background that includes experience testing, troubleshooting and performing repairs.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Ability to change physical locations based upon need.
- Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Current, active Secret clearance or higher with the ability to obtain a Special Access clearance.
- Thorough understanding of Unix/Linux.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top