Field Engineer 2 (Electronic) - Buffalo, NY
Northrop Grumman is seeking a highly skilled Field Engineer to maintain Amherst Systems' Joint Threat Emitter (JTE) electronic warfare product line in Buffalo, NY.
The Field Engineer will provide Engineering support to resolve system level problems reported by the customer on delivered hardware. Customer problems may be resolved over the phone or by traveling to customer locations to perform installation, troubleshooting and repair of electronic warfare equipment.
This position is located in Buffalo, NY, and requires travel to domestic and overseas locations, a minimum of 25% of the time, and up to 50% of the time. Travel will include up to four 2-week trips to Saudi Arabia a year.
The successful candidate will have a background in the operation and maintenance of complex RADAR, Electronic Warfare (EW) systems, or complex commercial digital and RF equipment, or other electronics background, and will have experience testing, troubleshooting and performing repairs. Extensive knowledge in the proper usage of RF/Digital test equipment such as a multi-meter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and power meter is desired. The Field Engineer must be able to interact independently with customers and coordinate engineering efforts within the company to identify solutions to customer reported problems. Must be able to write reports for both customers and internal management. Must be able to navigate Windows and LINUX directory structures from the command line with proficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline plus 1 year of related experience; or an Associate's Degree in a technical discipline plus 3 years of related work experience; or a minimum of 7 years related experience. Candidates with U.S. military electronic school in Electronic Warfare/Radar plus 3 years of related experience may also be considered. Related experience includes experience with Radar, Electronic Warfare systems, RF Engineering, or other electronics background that includes experience testing, troubleshooting and performing repairs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to change physical locations based upon need.
- Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing 50 lbs.
- Ability to apply technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Current, active Secret Clearance, or higher
- Technical writing skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top