Failure Modes & Effect (FMET) Lab System Test Engineer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Failure Modes & Effect (FMET) Lab System Test Engineer2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
- Perform technical FMET lab planning and verification for all lab testing manual and automated, test equipment, and integration of the air vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to, performing system level requirements traceability, decomposition, and developing derived requirements, developing test procedures, test cases, and test points, and executing the tests in the laboratory environment
- Responsible for performing technical interactions with the suppliers, subsystem cognizant engineer, flight test planning team, subsystem integration teams, and systems integration teams
- Ensure the logical and systematic realization of customer requirements into lab system solutions to meet program objectives (e.g. Flight releases, certification, airworthiness FMET criteria, and operation or airspace integration)
- The position will be reporting to the Air Vehicle Test Lead
- Perform work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of test/integration engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience in several of the following areas is required:Communications, Data links, Computer networks, Sensors, Avionics, COTS hardware, Integration, and/or Failure and Lab Test
- Experience testing manned or unmanned aircraft (via labs, ground or flight testing)
- Must be able to independently develop, execute, and maintain system test procedures for a complex subsystem/system
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access prior to start
- A current Top Secret clearance
- Experience with Weapon System Engineering Integration and Test (WSEIT) laboratory testing manned and/or unmanned aircraft subsystems or systems
- Test experience related to FMET, Airworthiness, Flight Controls, and/or Vehicle Management Systems
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering orComputer Engineering
- Design and Systems Engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: Structures, Flight Technology, Air Vehicle Subsystems, Avionics, Mission Payload Integration, System Safety, Lab Test, or Flight Test
- Knowledge of the following tools, DOORS®, ViTech CORE, Fundamentals of Systems Engineering, VISIO®, CPLM, and Automated Testing (Python, C++, Java).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top