Facility Security Officer / Contract Program Security Officer
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Facility/Contract Program Security Officer
- Develops, Implement, and administers security plans, programs, and policies for the protection of classified or proprietary materials, documents, hardware, and equipment.
- Prepares security plans outlining regulations, and establishes procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records, and for screening, granting personnel and visitors access to restricted areas, information and materials.
- Studies and implements federal security regulations that apply to company operations (NISPOM, DoDM 5205 series, and Intelligence Community Directives).
- Obtains rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies.
- Maintains compliance with the US Government security regulations and directives.
- Participates in internal and external security compliance assessment reviews and performs self-inspections to ensure compliance with government and company regulations/requirements.
- Identify deficiencies and recommends corrective action.
- Assists the Security Manager in performing Physical Security duties and responsibilities for new and established facilities (e.g., complete fixed/closed facility checklists/survey areas, tempest checklist, review and approve facility drawings for new or remodeled classified areas) to ensure compliance with company and government regulations/requirements.
- Investigates security violations and prepares reports specifying preventive action to be taken. Maintains personnel security database, conducts inquires for security incidents and ensures compliance with Government and company reporting regulations/requirements.
- Develops, Implements, and Administers Security Awareness and Refresher Training and OPSEC program in accordance with DoD 5220.22-M, DoDM 5205.07 Volumes and Intelligence Community Directives for program personnel.
- Performs indoctrination briefings for newly assigned personnel instructing individuals on the sensitivity of program information, requirements for safeguarding program documentation and facility security policies.
- Perform Personnel Security processes to assist in obtaining individual security clearances/accesses.
- Prepares, reviews and submits PIA's, RFA's and PAR's. Prepare, review, and submit DD254s working with Enterprise Security Services Center. Manage subcontracts to ensure security compliance with government regulations/requirements.
- Maintains classified accountability program, oversees secure storage and work spaces for customers and company, conducts annual inventory of accountable classified material.
- Ensures that all classified materials held by the sites are compliant with the regulations and directives which govern marking, handling, controlling, removing, transporting, sanitizing, reusing, and destroying classified information and equipment containing classified information.
- Maintain COMSEC and COMSEC accountability.
- Provides security support to all cleared employees and approved visitors.
- Conducts new employee security briefings, annual security refresher briefings, derivative classification training, exit interviews, debriefings, investigating and reporting security violations and incident reports.
- Maintains the Insider Threat Program and administer Insider Threat Training for the company.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience plus a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) Required.
- Requires US Citizenship.
- Must have current and active Top Secret/SCI and SAP/SCI experience.
- Requires completion of FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities Curriculum Professional certifications (e.g. ISP, CPP, etc.) preferred.
- Strong understanding of physical security requirements and standing up of secure facilities.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain a multi-disciplined security program for complex, major acquisition programs.
- Possess a thorough understanding and working knowledge of NISPOM, DoDM 5205 series, and ICD security standards as well as OPSEC, personnel, industrial, cyber, physical, Information Security principles.
- Understanding and familiarity of DD-254 Implementation Requirements.
- Familiarization with issuing and overseeing contracts for facility security
- Demonstrated positive working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite software including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
- Proficient with NISS, JPAS, EPSQ/e-Qip and SIMs.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Problem solving/process improvement skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, adept at multi-tasking and initiating projects.
Back to top