Facilities Project Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Facilities Project Engineer 3 within the SB Project Engineering & Planning organization located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Job responsibilities include:
- Planning, designing, and overseeing the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities.
- Gathering and reviewing data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
- Coordinating with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Preparing bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition. Reviewing and estimating design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Inspecting or directing the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- 5 years' experience in planning, designing and overseeing the reconfiguration, maintenance and alteration of equipment, buildings, structures and other facilities OR 5 years facilities project engineering, project management or construction
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) degree
- 5 years facilities project engineering, project management or construction
- Advance knowledge of MS Project
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- BS Degree in construction management or architecture
- Working knowledge of various project management software including AutoCAD, MS critical Path scheduling
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top