Facilities Planning Project Engineer 3 - Space Components
- San Diego, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Facilities Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
Plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities. Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility. Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Actively involved in space utilization planning for the Company consistent with the requirements of organizational efficiency, and available facilities and funds.
- Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
- Oversees architectural and engineering design procedures and standards for the planning and design of facilities.
- Assists with bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
- Reviews design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation and other related costs.
- Maintains contact with and directs contractor representatives and assists in resolving discrepancies in design specification.
- Plans, directs and manages all phases of facilities modifications and building projects from establishment of design concepts through design and implementation.
- Assists with the design, budgetary costing, construction oversight and final inspection of all facility projects.
- Ensures project requirements are defined, contract and contract changes are negotiated, operating budgets established, and financial terms/conditions of contract are identified.
- Prepares and manages cost estimates, construction plans and schedules.
- Obtains and supervises outside contractors and vendors.
- Updates and maintains site plans, maps and layouts.
Conducts construction surveillance to ensure adherence to contractual requirements.
- Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications and schedules.
- Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specification, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans, budgets and schedules. Identifies problems and develops solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing project scope.
- Estimates percent completion of projects and advises designated individuals of cost status.
- Advocate a safe, secure and ethical working environment that maintains compliance with federal, state and local government regulations (OSHA, EPA, ISO, DOT, permits, etc.) in addition to corporate policies
- Utilize and improve Northrup Grumman's Quality Management System to achieve compliance and maintain certifications for AS9100 and NADCAP
Education / Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years related experience in Facilities Engineering role or equivalent
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the job function (i.e. CAD, AutoCad, MS Visio, Project)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to work with all levels of personnel, including management and outside vendors and to accurately communicate, document and report.
- Good analytical ability to recognize deviations from accepted practice
- Ability to work from heights (ladders, scaffold, lifts)
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Valid driver's license
Back to top