Facilities Mechanical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently looking for a Facilities Mechanical Engineer to work in our Promontory location.
Job Summary including Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot industrial mechanical equipment. Resolve equipment problems in the field through technical assistance with Maintenance Craftsmen.
- Develop mechanical maintenance guidelines for industrial equipment.
- Analyze, understand, and mitigate risks to the production line through predictive/preventive maintenance measures. Analyze trends to help make good maintenance decisions.
- Familiarity with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) practices. Implement best practices and tools that will result in high operational availability (OA).
- Provide quality standard work instructions for critical equipment rebuild.
- Provide engineering design as needed to support the Facilities Engineering Department. This could include:
- Designing, specifying and integrating mechanical equipment for process equipment, steam systems, hydraulics, and HVAC equipment.
- Providing detailed cost estimates for project design and implementation
- Preparing specifications for the procurement of pumps, valves, compressors, tanks, and other miscellaneous of plant equipment.
- Preparing required engineering calculations for equipment sizing, line sizing, and system design.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 2 years industrial facility mechanical design experience
- Chemical processing and industrial HVAC experience preferred
- Experience with industrial equipment
- AutoCAD drafting ability
- Solid modeling experience a plus; not a requirement
- Ability to work in the field, climb ladders, work outside and work in congested areas.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top