Facilities / Maintenance Technician 4
Adaptive Optics Associates, Inc., (AOA-Xinetics) a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) subsidiary, is currently seekingan experiencedFacilities Maintenance Technicianin support of its East Hartford, CT facilities.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician 4 performs repairs and maintenance in plant/office facilities and on machines and equipment.
The qualified candidate:
- Possesses a core strength in one or more of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, machine and equipment repair, or electrical.
- Hasfamiliarity and a basic degree of competency with all noted trades.
- Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Uses hand and power tools.
- Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment.
- Uses blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications.
- Performs EHS inspections; examples include fire extinguisher inspections and emergency lights.
- Washes/strips/waxes floors, empties trash, vacuums and dry mops the restricted areas of facilities once clearance obtained.
High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years additional education and/or related experience.
US Citizenship is a bona fide requirement of this job. Candidates should be willing and able to successfully complete the process to obtain a government clearance upon hire if they do not already possess one.
Candidates should have the ability to
- Manage varied and complex tasks & duties.
- Complete work without established procedures.
- Interactwith individuals representing outside organizations, and/or individuals of significant importance within the company
- Prioritize or adjust multiple responsibilities or accomplish them simultaneously.
- Make decisions which have impact on the organization's credibility, operations and services.
- Analyze a situation to discover facts, knowledge, interpretations to carry out prescribed action(s)
- Apply and understand spatial relationships.
- Computer skills at proficiency level to process electronic purchase requisitions, manage task lists, use online database tool and communicate via email to staff and outside contractors.
Candidates must be able to
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Work in a variety of physical conditions.
- Tolerate occasional exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
- Do work safely while on a ladder
- Bend, kneel, crouch
- Required to regularly sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear
- Must be able to walk frequently on flat terrain
- Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary
- Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools,computers, and/or controls.
Hold a license as a Plumber, HVAC, or Electrician.
Hold an active TS/SSBI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top