Facilities Maintenance Services Manager 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Services Manager 2 to join our facilities team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
In this role, the selected candidate will:
• Lead the services organization that supports the facilities maintenance department, including dispatch, inventory/tool crib, materials/services procurement, and mail services.
• Interface with and work closely with the maintenance management team (lead technicians and management) as well as the engineering and planning teams to ensure that all stakeholders' requirements are being supported by the Maintenance Services team.
• Provide innovative and creative solutions to consistently improve the operational efficiency of the overall department.
• Be responsible for the direct supervision/management of a team consisting primarily of non-exempt employees.
• Manage the administrative side of the external services purchased (i.e. vended service contracts) for the Facilities Maintenance and Reliability Engineering organizations, directing the procurement of these services by coordinating the development of statement of works and ensuring that proper funding is forecasted each year in the budget requests.
• Develop executive-level briefings related to disciplines managed and be able and willing to present those briefings to higher management, including the executive management team.
• Collaborate with facilities engineering, projects, and maintenance management teams to propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
• Work with the larger Facilities Reliability & Infrastructure Optimization team to develop and track performance metrics related to the supervised disciplines (ex. inventory services and materials/services purchased).
• Support the Facilities Reliability and Infrastructure Optimization department as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with five (5) years of facilities and/or related experience
- Three (3) years' experience managing teams of five (5) or more, serving as either a project manager (supervising vended services) or a direct supervisor
- Experience working in a customer-oriented industry, such as facilities
- Demonstrated success in developing and presenting material outside of your immediate work functions and collaborating on a team environment
- Experience communicating requirements and working with internal and external customers to coordinate issues associated with specific projects/tasks
- Demonstrated experience driving process improvement initiatives
- Experience using Microsoft Office Software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook for professional tasks
- Aerospace industry experience
- Familiarity briefing senior level management and executive leadership
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems
- Experience working in a mission critical facility environment
- Familiarity working with complex facilities infrastructure feeding clean rooms/labs, offices, and manufacturing spaces, particularly in how they relate to production equipment concerns
- Experience using IBM MAXIMO or a similar CMMS tool.
Back to top