Facilities Engineering Manager 2 (Various Programs)
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has openings for three Facilities Engineering Manager 2 (Project Area Manager) supporting various programs at our Redondo Beach, CA Space Park Campus.
The Project Area Manager will report to the Project and Construction Manager and will be responsible for day to day leadership of their facility project engineering team. Responsibilities include:
• Development of project execution strategy, coordination with various internal Customers and Programs, including Space Planning, Maintenance, and the Maintenance Assurance Departments.
• Supporting and leading the team in requirements gathering, statement of work development, construction project management, project budgeting and expenditure forecasting. You will develop creative solutions to support over-all site strategy, including ability to provide concept projects/solutions with estimated costs and schedules.
• Build teamwork among staff, key clients and related support and oversight organizations to ensure a productive and successful organization.
• Ensure safety and construction best practices are being followed and executed according to design and code parameters.
• Production and implementation of risk mitigation and schedule recovery plans
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with 5 years of project management, construction management, or related facilities experience
- 3 years of successful leadership or management experience involving teams executing the design and construction/alteration of infrastructure.
- Demonstrated success in construction management with a thorough understanding of building codes, safety requirements, and other regulatory requirements that affect facilities and construction.
- Demonstrated ability to set/align objectives and direct an engineering project management team within a work environment of divergent demands and input.
- Strong project integration skills, leading across multiple departments and technical domains.
- Experience with management of multi-phase design contracts, major project construction, and complex system commissioning
- Experience schedule analysis and critical path analysis
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Experience with the design and construction of cleanrooms and classified facilities.
- Experience with creating strong working relationship with city officials, and other agencies.
- Experience with contract drafting and development of contract negotiation strategies.
- Experience with reliability engineering.
- Creative and model-based problem solving and analytical ability.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation communication skills.
Back to top