Facilities Coordinator 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Facilities Coordinator 2 to join our team. The position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The Facilities Coordinator 2 will be responsible for the coordination of the construction, installation or rearrangement of equipment and building facilities and/or equipment and machinery maintenance for assigned area. They will also maintain contact with and direct contractor representatives and assist in resolving discrepancies in design specifications. The candidate will verify labor expended and materials used and inspects projects for conformance to engineering standards and codes, building techniques and safety practices.
- Serve as Facilities primary point of contact for personnel moves and non-maintenance work requests and lead Facilities utility crew in the field.
- Gather personnel move requests from online system (Archibus) and compile weekly move schedule to maximize efficiency.
- Gather information, plan, coordinate, and follow up with customers regarding requested Facilities services.
- Manage the schedule for Facilities utility crew, direct the completion of work, and follow up to ensure that work orders and moves are completed on schedule.
- Manage work order log through online system (Maximo) and organize work orders for efficient completion by utility crew.
- Revise work schedule regularly based on changing circumstances and priorities.
- Assist utility crew with moving boxes/furniture and other requests as needed to meet completion targets and scheduled tasks.
- Manage Facilities storage areas and ensure that material is stored properly and is well organized.
- Manage and update log of Facilities assets including chairs, whiteboards, keyboard trays, etc. and order equipment as needed.
- Assist Facilities Planning as needed to verify personnel locations and field conditions.
- High School Diploma/ GED and 2 years' of experience working within a facilities environment
- Ability to perform various facilities duties such as construction, installation, or rearrangement of equipment
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and stand long periods of time.
- Current active DoD Security clearance
- Familiarity with commercial modular furniture and ability to assemble/disassemble/modify furniture and troubleshoot electrical issues.
- Proficient with tools including drills, dollies, and hand carts.
- Experience assembling items such as standing desks/chairs and mounting large artwork and equipment on walls.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top