- Manage all fabrication initiatives including production, engineering, process control, process development, tooling design, cost reduction, and quality improvement
- Manage all department manufacturing operations within the Rough Fabrication and Rod Fabrication departments
- Directly manage the two supervisors and process engineers in the two fabrication departments; indirectly manage non-exempt manufacturing personnel
- Establish and execute manufacturing plans
- Develop capital and departmental budgets; control spending
- Establish and execute training programs for all department personnel
- Ensure all SYNOPTICS policies and procedures are implemented and maintained consistently
- Develop new fabrication/polishing processes for crystals and optics; improve, modify, perfect existing processes
- Perform other duties as assigned/required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific or business discipline is required; MBA is preferred
- Minimum of three years experience working in a relevant manufacturing environment in a supervisory/leadership capacity is required
- Familiarity with and proven success in Lean Manufacturing disciplines, process improvement, and managing exempt and non-exempt personnel
- Ability to rely on relevant experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top