Fabrication and Machining Manager 1
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Weld & Fabrication Manager 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Sunnyvale, California. Northrop Grumman Marine Systems specializes in the development, manufacturing, assembly and testing of missile launching and handling systems, and propulsion power generation systems for naval surface ships and submarines. The candidate selected will assume the responsibility of supervising Fabrication and Weld, and Heat Treat areas within the Marine Manufacturing Department. This is a three shift facility and the candidate selected may be required to work any shift. Our current need is for second shift.
This position will supervise approximately 8-10 hourly employees to meet contract delivery requirements. This responsibility entails the following:
- Supervise shop personnel to ensure compliance with shop instructions, i.e. drawings, programs, tooling, manufacturing methods and QA documents with emphasis on weld procedures and processes.
- Leadteam efforts utilizing lean principals to meet safety and budget goals.
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Procedures and Shop Paper Handbook.
- Instill strong manufacturing practices in housekeeping set forth by Environmental Health and Safety.
- Perform direct employee management, annual EPAS reviews, assist in variable/semi variable cost initiative and engagement activities.
- Ensure compliance withthe collective bargaining agreement.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelordegree and5+ years relevant experience in manufacturing; or AA degree and8+ years relevant experience in manufacturing. Note: Consideration will be given to internal candidates who are currently enrolled in an accredited AAprogram and expected to complete within the next calendar year.
- Familiarity with Welding and NDTprocesses (FCAW, SMAW, GTAW)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with effective interpersonal communication, leadership qualities, and emotional intelligence skills
- Ability to work second/swing shift
- Must be a US Citizen
- Related experience in machining and assembly
- Current, active security clearance
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top