F-35 Mission System Software Section Manager 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that affect people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture grows with intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and consistent results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems,located in Redondo Beach, CA, has an opening for a F-35 Mission Systems Software Section Manager 2.
The selected candidatew ill work closely with the F-35 Software IPT Manager on all technical aspects of the program and report to the Palmdale Aircraft Integration Center of Excellence Software Department Manager for direction on all functional activities. This role is about a 15% functional management and 85% technical management position.
- Functional management of approximately 12 software engineering personnel assigned to Mission Systems software development on the F-35 program
-Conduct performance assessments for the team of developers within the section
-All elements of staffing including forecasting, retention and recruiting
-Perform employee development activities
-Communication, disciplinary actions, compensation adjustments, training & educational oversight/ approval and other routine personnel issues
-Establishment of common processes and practices in cooperation with colleague managers across the sector
-Track both the quality and timeliness of the organization's products, and identification and remediation of potential issues before they become problems
-Development and management of detailed budgets and schedules
-Review ofMission Systems softwarerequirements for completeness and understandability
-Detailed design, code, and testing of those requirements at the domain level
-Support of system and operational testing
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video:
* Bachelors of Science in a STEM degree program with at least5 years or3+ years (Masters) or 0 years (PhD) of software development experience in embedded real-time software.
* Must be fluent in C++ Object-Oriented Design and Development
* Must have experience in using model driven development tool (e.g. Rhapsody) and real-time operating systems (e.g. Integrity, VxWorks)
* Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearancewith theabilityto obtain and maintain Special Program Access
* Master's Degree in a STEM discipline
* Familiarity with communication protocols, tactical data links (MIL-STD-188-220 and MIL-STD-6016)
* Experience in complete software development life-cycle and demonstrate knowledge of embedded systems
* Experience in the Agile process
* Experience in CMMI Level 5 processes
* Candidate will be expected to have excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top