Executive Administrative Assistant
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems, is seeking an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant to join a growing community of committed global security professionals in the greater Chicago region at the Rolling Meadows, IL site. As a valued member of the senior leadership team, the Executive Assistant is the center of day-to-day office operations and will be welcomed into a team environment where input is invited, growth is encouraged, and mutual support is standard. Our community is composed of incredible people with different abilities, diverse thinking and varied backgrounds who find professional fulfillment in understanding and solving challenges that make our world a safer place.
The selected candidate will align with the Program Management homeroom and provide support to program leaders and employees within the organization. The Executive Assistant communicates with enterprise wide partners, executives, administrative and line management employees. This position requires the individual to perform advanced administrative duties with exposure to sensitive information necessitating tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment. Strong emotional intelligence, and integrity are essential for this position. In addition, the candidate must be comfortable working in a high energy, collaborative, diverse, professional environment.
The ideal candidate will be team oriented and have the ability to work with other professionals collaboratively, ideally possess agility to adapt to constantly changing demands, and demonstrate capability to take on new and unfamiliar tasks. Advanced proficiency at multi-tasking and managing priorities for senior leadership team members is required. This position is extremely pivotal to the success of a well-run, efficient operation and the successful candidate will demonstrate how they have supported their prior teams through organization, self-motivation and task ownership skills, with the ability to accomplish duties in a high-impact, time sensitive environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a superior skillset as a proactive, self-motivated, well organized, reliable and detail oriented team member. The successful candidate will have outstanding communication and negotiation abilities. This position may require occasional nonstandard work hours in support of business schedules.
A day-in-the-life of the Executive Assistant typical includes but isn't limited to; Answering incoming calls and providing support as required by taking inclusive messages that allow the executive to respond effectively, autonomously providing assistance as required. Arranging travel for international and domestic business, preparing expense reports and maintaining pertinent travel and security documentation. Arranging meetings by generating and allocating invitations as directed; in addition to reserving meeting rooms. Organizing catering, audio/video, and other essential services as needed. Reviewing drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage; answering questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures. Gathering, compiling and reporting on information relevant to supervisor's assignment. Communicating with internal and external customers and executives, professionally representing the corporation and organization. Collaborating with administrative professionals in related organizations. Assisting in maintaining organization's collaboration sites and activities. Assisting events and activities of major organization initiatives.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Answering incoming calls and responding to general requests
- Making travel arrangements and completing expense reports
- Managing calendars
- Scheduling meetings
- Coordinating customer interface
- Providing briefing/presentation support
Additional responsibilities include:
- Generating presentations
- Basic research
- Organizing and maintaining files
- Filing expense reports in a timely manner
- Developing and maintaining organization charts
- Serving as a focal point for communication and distribution of information amongst the leadership team and staff
- Directing organization level activities that involve support from other department administrative assistants
The ideal candidate will be welcomed into the Northrop Grumman team as an integral part of the leadership team. To build upon our team centered and collaborative environment, the successful candidate must have experience working with all levels of senior corporate management, with preference for defense customer and aerospace industry senior leadership.
- High school diploma and a minimum of six years additional education and/or experience in the administrative professional field or a Bachelor's degree with two years' experience in the administrative professional field.
- Executive Assistant Experience to a Vice President
- Computer skills required include advanced expertise in Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and intranet/internet proficiency.
- Must have the ability to compile and generate reports and presentations.
- Individual must be able to complete a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to efficiently coordinate Outlook calendar and other routine items.
- Experience with Concur (or similar) travel and expense reporting system.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prior experience coordinating both on and off site meetings and/or events.
- Experience proofreading and correcting documents for grammatical errors.
- Proactive, highly motivated and adaptable, with excellent organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple tasks, changing needs, and competing priorities.
- Expert level proficiency with oral and written communication skills
- Must have experience in supporting a variety of executive levels, management level and administrative support within an organization
- Must be able to interface with executive level internal and external contacts with considerable autonomy
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top