Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support study design and manuscript writing for immunization-related analyses.
- Develop SAS code to analyze data for immunization-related studies and to determine trends in vaccination coverage and immunization practices.
- Research and provide recommendations for immunization data analysis best practices.
- Propose new methodologies for immunization data analysis reporting to address identified immunization data issues.
- Maintain analytic guidance documentation.
- Provide through documentation of objectives, methods, results, and conclusions for all conducted analyses.
- Perform SAS programming including data manipulation, data validation and cleaning, sorting and merging datasets, formatting and labeling data.
- Prepare data for analysis and track data entry for all data collection methods.
- Develop and disseminate guidance to improve immunization data quality and completeness.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistical Mathematics, or other related field and/or discipline with a minimum of 9 years of experience.
- 5 years must be specialized in the areas of public health promotion and prevention utilizing public and private partnerships.
- 5 years of experience using SAS statistical software, including variable recoding, variable label and format creation, data manipulation, and analytic file creation, potentially from multiple data source files.
- 2 years of experience in developing analytical reports for publication and internal dissemination.
- Specialization in the application of statistics and/or computer technology to epidemiological studies and other selected forms of studies/research.
- Thorough understanding of statistical methods including, but not limited to, linear, logistic, and conditional logistic regression models, as well as survey statistics.
- Experience with SAS Visual Analytics (VA) or other visual analytic software experience.
- Experience in methodological design of public health studies.
- Strong data management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistical Mathematics, or related field with minimum of 7 years of experience.
- Experience with sample size calculations and methodologies.
- Experience supporting Public Health related projects, particularly in the immunization domain.
- Knowledge of CDC culture, mission, and IT environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top