Environmental Test Technician 2
- Dulles, VA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, advances human discovery and improves our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future while having fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation System in Dulles, VA specializes in the Integration, Test and Launch of the Space Systems for Commercial, DOD and NASA customers. Seeking a Level 2 or Level 3 Environmental Test Technician in support of a large Environmental Test Thermal Vacuum facility in the Space Industry. Will work with highly talented and motivated Thermal Vacuum Technicians and Engineering staff. Will support setup and testing of complex tests in the areas of Thermal Vacuum and Thermal Testing among others. Position is for a technician seeking the ability to work hands on with complicated testing equipment in an environment that is dynamic and rewarding. Position will rotate working shifts on a continual basis. Must be able to support the first, second and third shift rotation.
• Technician Level 2 - A High School diploma with 4 to 6 years work experience. Associate Degree with 0 to 2 years work experience
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD government clearance.
• Dedicated, Energetic person with great people skills.
• Ability to support the current 3 shift rotation and weekends.
• Preferred Associate degree types - Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Engineering
• Knowledge or experience in general Environmental Testing in a Space or Defense manufacturing environment.
• Hands on experience in setup and running Thermal Vacuum Equipment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top