Environmental Remediation Project Manager 2
We have an immediate opportunity to join the Corporate Environmental Remediation (CER) Team as an Environmental Remediation Project Manager.
This position reports to the Manager of Environmental Remediation Project Management. The incumbent will serve as a member of the CER Team with direct responsibility for the overall project management and success of his/her assigned projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and oversee overall strategy for assigned remediation sites.
- Act as project team leader and provide management/direction.
- Charter, direct, coach, monitor and assess consultant and contractor work.
- Execute projects in alignment with NG project management systems.
- Manage and mobilize or consult with multi-disciplinary teams of specialists, including but not limited to attorneys, government representatives, engineers, scientists, accountants, outreach specialists, and general consultants/contractors.
- Manage projects in accordance with NG's environmental, health & safety program and assure safe work practices are implemented on site remediation projects.
- Develop and maintain project schedule, implement change management and drive remediation progress.
- Develop budgets, approve spending, and certify costs in coordination with NG business management procedures.
- Implement project controls and ensure cost tracking, reasonableness and efficiency.
- Interface and negotiate with regulatory agencies on site strategies and scopes of work and advocate NG's interests.
- Prepare SOWs for RFPs, purchase orders and change orders, and coordinate with procurement organization.
- Critically review consultant technical deliverables and ensure quality/schedule adherence.
- Estimate project life-cycle cost and maintain financial forecasts.
- Deliver presentations and communicate effectively to management on status, strategies, costs, progress, and emerging issues on assigned site remediation projects.
- Develop site closure/exit strategy and maintain closure path diagrams.
- Conduct Site Management Strategy and Remedy Selection events.
- Maintain site remediation files in accordance with NG's records management procedure.
- Required experience includes a BS degree from an accredited institution with a focus in an engineering field (including environmental, chemical, civil, and mechanical) and a minimum of 2 years of working experience in the field of environmental remediation.
- Proven environmental remediation knowledge.
- Staff leadership experience.
- Experience in field operations, remedial construction, and environmental testing methodologies.
- Ability to travel to various project locations across the country and, on occasion, overseas.
- Must have an understanding of CERCLA and RCRA laws and regulations, environmental remediation programs, project management methodologies, chemical/mechanical processes, financial tracking/reporting, agency negotiation, and cost and project controls.
- He/she must have the ability to drive change, lead cross-functional activities, and build relationships at all levels of the organization and with vendors and suppliers.
- Strong business/financial acumen, keen organizational skills, excellent problem solving ability, and seasoned customer service experience.
- Solid understanding of problem solving skills, techniques, and methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage workload in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Is action-oriented, works effectively in times dealing with ambiguity, displays command skills, and has a drive for results.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top