Environmental Lab Technician C
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Environmental Lab Technician C to join its Environmental Test lab. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform environmental and evaluation tests and troubleshoot a variety of electronic and electro-mechanical components and assemblies, utilizing environmental simulation facilities and associated test equipment.
Perform environmental tests and measurements of electronic and/or electro-mechanical assemblies and components working from detailed instructions such as test specifications and using established procedures.
Set up and operate environmental facilities and test equipment, which requires basic knowledge of the electrical principles and mechanical functions involved in the functioning of the equipment. Select, test equipment and troubleshoot interrelated circuits between test facilities and assemblies and/or components being tested.
Construct simple test fixtures and perform minor repairs or modifications to test fixtures such as drilling and tapping holes, and wiring and soldering components and component parts as directed by engineer or higher classified personnel. Report malfunction of laboratory equipment to supervisor.
Make necessary calculations required in the summarization of data per detailed instructions using simple algebraic formulae.
Prepare and maintain necessary reports and records as required.
- Maintain tools, equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
This is a SEA Union represented position.
This is a 1st shift position.
- High school graduate or recognized equivalent.
- Must possess an Associates Degree (minimum 60 semester hours) or two years (minimum 60 semester hours) of college level study with a major in Electronics or a minimum of six months military electronic school plus two years working experience in the maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Must have knowledge of electronic principles, the ability to wire and assemble circuits and understand the operation of basic test equipment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain minimum of a secret clearance.
Preferred Qualifications: None.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top