Entry Level Operator
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our products include launch vehicles, propulsion systems, missile products, subsystems and defense electronics, precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition, satellites and space components and services, and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking Operators for our team in Rocket Center, West Virginia, just outside of Cumberland, Maryland.
The Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL) site in Rocket Center, designs, develops and manufactures tactical rocket motors, medium caliber ammunition, composite components and end items, and fuze and electronics equipment. For decades, the dedicated and highly skilled team at ABL has supported national security efforts by developing and building defense systems for DoD customers and U.S. allies.
Duties: Could include but not limited to the following:
- Chamber Prep Degrease, bond line, paint cases and mold assemble rocket cases.
- Mix/ Cast Screen and weigh propellant ingredients, mix propellant, cast motors, disassemble and machine rocket motors.
- Final Assembly Install nozzles and igniters, pressure test, paint and crate motors.
- Fuze Areas Machine assembly of fuze parts, electronics and energetic materials.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Able to work all shifts plus overtime.
- Eligible to obtain a DoD Security Clearance; U.S. Citizenship is a prerequisite
- Flexible with work assignments.
- Excellent work conduct and attendance history.
- Proactive safety attitude.
- Ethical work standards.
- Read, write and follow instructions.
- Must have the ability to obtain a forklift license
- Previous manufacturing or assembly experience
This position falls under a Federal Explosives License issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) for this location. Candidates hired into this role will be required to complete and submit an Employee Possessor Questionnaire to ATF for approval to be a possessor.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top