Enterprise Systems Monitoring Analyst
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Enterprise Systems Monitoring Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Eagan, MN. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of the Northrop Grumman's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
NOTE: This position requires a work schedule of 11:00pm to 7:30am, Friday thru Tuesday (Weds and Thurs off). New Hires will need to work first shift (M-F) - days for at least the first two weeks for training purposes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor day to day operation of large scale computing infrastructure involving 300 applications.
- Perform application deployments and upgrades to enhance application functionality or availability.
- Provide operational support capabilities for both internal and external customers.
- Follow policies and procedures for troubleshooting and or escalation of events.
- Daily interaction with executive leadership.
- Ancillary duties may include, (but not limited to); Password management, Incident and Change Management, Creation and/or support for new or existing custom monitors.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors degree and 2 years experience. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 3 years of experience working in IT support role [Helpdesk, Tier 1].
- Basic understanding of Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Ability to identify and relay information and symptoms detected by monitoring tools.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions or procedures with minor supervision.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and over the telephone in English.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
- Minimum Five years of progressively more difficult systems experience within IT.
- Familiarity working with BMC Software products, SolarWinds, AppDynamics and ServiceNow.
- Working knowledge of IT Service Desk model.
- Experience working in large-scale IT environment.
- Experience with open source monitoring tools.
- Experience with three-tier architecture.
- Local to the Eagan, MN area (this position does not provide relocation assistance)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top