Enterprise Services IT Program Director
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Enterprise Services Program Director (ESPD) supports the Autonomous Systems and Advanced Programs Division for both domestic and international locations. This role holds bottom line responsibility for planning and delivery of all ES and IT infrastructure services, and initiatives for the division. The role is responsible and accountable for ES service delivery, strategic demand planning, governance and compliance for the division. The position will be located in San Diego California and will report to the Enterprise Services (ES) Vice President and CIO for the Aeronautics Sector with strong alignment to the NGAS Division President, General Manager and their staff.
• Direct and lead all Enterprise Services and IT initiatives for the Autonomous and Advanced Programs divisions.
• Provide regular leadership and guidance to direct reports and large cross functional matrix teams.
• Execute on strategic planning, cost and focused schedule delivery.
• Accountable to deliver cost effective, timely, and high-quality ES services and products to division customers.
• Participate as an active team staff member in key Divisional recurring operations, including: NCTA planning and review, Business Capture Gate Reviews, Sector Business Unit Reviews, Program Proposal Reviews, Division Strategy and AOP/LRSP processes as required.
• Support Division C-101 Business Capture Gates special activities as required.
• Support Corporate Office requirements for multi-sector interfaces and activities where required.
• Establish and drive the sector's information technology (IT) strategy and direction, with a focus on leveraging all ES services while meeting all legal, ethical, and financial commitments.
• Ensure the alignment of Enterprise Services with Division strategies, segment plans and business needs, and determining opportunities for shared solutions across the sector.
• Ensure the alignment of IT Solutions organization, services, service levels, technology, and business process re-engineering initiatives with Sector and Division strategies, business needs, and affordability while providing high-value ES services at the lowest possible cost.
• Proven results in systems integration by reducing redundancy and cost, while at the same time increasing productivity and cost competitiveness.
• Team with Division business partners, specifically Capture and Business Unit Directors to identify, promote and enable new business opportunities and process improvements which result in cost reductions and/or enhanced service levels.
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 15 years of progressive IT professional experience; 13 years of relevant experience with a Masters degree; 10 years with a PhD.
• Program Manager experienced with leading diverse functional or program teams, driving outcomes and achieving results.
• Demonstrated experience working with matrixed or virtual teams.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated experience in program management, analysis, planning, presentation and human relations' skills are required.
• 50% Domestic and International travel is required.
• Must have current Secret clearance.
• Direct management experience including directing managers and service family environments.
• Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and business acumen.
• Strong experience in international IT business operations.
• Prominent Regional Community Service Leadership
• Experience on restricted activities.
• Proven leadership skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top