Engineering Technician 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineering Technician to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
This job entails the configuration, integration, and delivery of networked hardware ground systems ranging in complexity from a single rack of equipment to 40+. It will entail the successful build of a system using configuration & recovery documentation, startup & shutdown procedures, ATP/Delivery, as well as post-delivery support.
Our team operates in 3 segments: Design Engineering, DevOps, and Responsible Engineering. Our Design Engineering team engineers the system design and produces the documentation required to physically build a system. Our DevOps team engineers the system configuration produces the documentation needed to configure the system network and install a COTS baseline. Our Responsible engineering team physically builds, configures, and sustains the system. Our Responsible Engineers are often asked to lead a team of technicians for system builds. The preferred candidate will be directly supporting the responsible engineering team with system builds.
- Provide technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Produces engineering documentation, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics).
- Performs detailed mathematical calculations using established formulas; preliminary analyses of data where guidelines are provided in such areas as trajectory adequacy, model dimensional consistency; and quantitative judgments concerning technical data.
- Uses personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
- May conduct tests and record data to assist with engineering evaluation or analysis.
- Associates Degree or 2 year technical degreealong with6 years ofexperience in a Technical field OR10 years' experience inTechnical Fieldin lieu of the degree
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Active, in-scope DoD Top Secret with the ability to obtain Special Program Access
- Ability/willingness to obtain Security+ certification
- Experience with rack-mounted computer systems.
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Special Program Access
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top