Engineering Technician 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced 3rd shift Quality Engineering Specialist to provide support to our Quality team in our Clearfield, UT location.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Ideal candidate shall possess related work experience working with Quality engineering on quality system processes such as first article inspection, material review board, quality inspection, process control, and process improvement.
The Quality Engineering Specialist will:
- Provide direct quality functional support to COE Quality Manager and COE Quality Engineering team members to support compliance and customer requirements.
- Coordinate First article inspections with Quality engineering, manufacturing, and inspection personnel including planning, monitoring, records, and analysis
- Monitor and process material review board documents by facilitating root-cause analysis and ensuring robust corrective actions are established and implemented
- Interfaces with various levels of technical personnel to ensure their understanding of inspection results, including reports of anomalies
- Prepare nonconformance reports and maintain documentation thru resolution and closure process
- Coordinates gage R&R studies in support of new product introduction and current process improvements
- Enters, maintains and extracts quality data via a computerized database system for SPC and quality trends
- Provides inspection methods guidance to engineering and design personnel
- Helps in the daily housekeeping of the area and equipment to comply with Foreign Object Damage control requirements
- Facilitate and implement cost reduction and process improvement activities
- Provide support for investigations and special analysis assignments
- Lead and adhere to safety standards and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Schedule for this position is as follows:
- Monday through Thursday 10:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M
- Regular overtime past the normal 40-hour week is required
- Candidate must have a minimum of 6 years of directly related experience in the inspection ofaerospace mechanical, electrical,and propulsion systems including their detail components in an ISO9001 or AS9100 compliant environment
- High School Diploma or GED required (education will be verified)
- Hands on experience with Qualityorganizations and Quality systems is required
- Must possess demonstrable understanding of mechanical, electrical,and propulsion aerospace engineering drawings, CAD models, and specifications and be able to choose the appropriate physical inspection methods and equipment to determine compliance of items to design requirements
- Proficient at MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other office systems
- Work experience should be indicative of continuously increasing responsibilities and reliability including potential lead role, is required
- Must meticulously follow directions
- Experience developing and completing Inspection plans, PFEMA, and process control plans preferred
- Positive individual who is willing to expand currentskill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with abilityto work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Able to solve problems
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverseenvironment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highmotivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant,team player
- Strong verbal and written communicationskills
- Must be able to work independently, as well as, part of a team
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top