Engineering Technician 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineering Technician 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
- Perform repairs and modifications to aircraft structures
- Working with engineers on how best to complete structure modifications
- Working with engineers to develop training for customer maintenance
- Perform assembly and test on subsystems and/or subassemblies in a lab environment
- Provide technical assistance to process development and engineering personnel
- Perform daily inspection of support equipment
- Interface with other departments to resolve problems
- Perform repairs in composite structure
- Perform daily task of setting up equipment for jobs for the day and put away equipment at the end on the shift
- Performs detailed mathematical calculations using established formulas; preliminary analyses of data where guidelines are provided in such areas as trajectory adequacy, model dimensional consistency; and quantitative judgments concerning technical data
- High school diploma or other equivalent from an accredited institutionand 4+ years of aircraft and/or laboratory technician experience
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access prior to start
- Technical Diploma, Certification, and/or License
- Demonstrated aircraft maintenance experience
- Demonstrated experience with composite materials
- Experience with Electrical and Mechanical instrumentation cabling on engineering racks
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top