Engineering Technician 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an Engineering Technician 3, to provide testing support in our Test and Research Operations Value Stream team at the Promontory, Utah site.
Successful candidate will be required to maintain computer systems related to control and data acquisition systems. Must be able to understand networking concepts on Linux and Windows operating systems. Candidate needs to possess great troubleshooting skills and be able to maintain electronic systems including repair and setup of video, audio, process controllers, test equipment, and data acquisition systems. Candidate will be required to review drawings, specifications and follow planning in support of various development projects. Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics as well as use a variety of electronic troubleshooting equipment. Candidate will be required to fabricate and checkout test systems. Great interpersonal skills will other technicians and engineers are required on a daily basis. Candidate must be willing to work overtime on occasion to meet testing requirements. Candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong attitude towards safety.
- Must be able to qualify for an Alcohol Tobacco and Firearm (ATF) Explosives Possessor designation.
- Must be able to qualify for a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Must be disciplined to follow detailed instructions and comply with procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to create clear and understandable documentation
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database applications
- Computer networking experience (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS)
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat) and Windows operation systems administration and deployment
- PC hardware knowledge, A+ certification preferred
- Experience in set-up, fabrication, and troubleshooting of computer-controlled equipment
- Associate degree in Computer/Network related field or Electronics/Computer Technology plus 4 years minimum related experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top