Engineering Technician 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Based on specific objectives, aids senior engineers with a variety of technical tasks, including analysis, test, documentation, and data review of complex designs. Studies design concepts and criteria to ascertain knowledge of the engineering principles involved. Under the guidance of senior engineers, performs qualification testing, characterization testing, troubleshooting, and test data review of completed designs. Uses personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
Job Knowledge/Technical Skills Basic understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards.
- Basic technical understanding and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Ability to execute development/characterization tests and performs basic analyses under the close supervision of senior engineers.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Solid understanding of digital and analog device types and their functionality.
- Basic programming knowledge.
Problem Solving/Innovation - With guidance and direction from senior engineers, perform root cause analysis of failures involving complex assemblies.
- Ability to perform basic circuit analysis and troubleshooting.
- Perform data analysis to identify trends that may indicate poor part performance or degradation.
Liaison - Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a positive manner.
- Supports team decisions and goals.
- Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external customer service.
- Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
- Disciplined with escalation when required.
Requirements Derivation / Test Development Assist senior engineers in evaluating and documenting derived requirements and tests.
- Supports the testing, evaluation/validation, and/or documentation of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or implementation.
- Under close supervision, perform tests to characterize off-nominal operation of components.
- Use analytical engineering software tools such as MATLAB and Python to analyze and reduce data to identify key characteristics and trends.
- Participate in the testing and characterization of circuit or component level designs under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- RequiresAssociates Degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent
- Minimum4 years experience in aerospace production / test environment
- Experienced in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Familiar with Matlab, Python, other data reduction tools.
- Experience with Cadence or similar design / simulation tools.
- Experience with TipQA and nonconformance processing
- Experience with testing and testplanningof circuitsandequipment
- Experience analyzing/understanding electronic schematics.
- Experience troubleshooting electronic equipment in a production environment.
- Experience conducting analysis of electrical components.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top