Engineering Technician 2
- Plymouth, MN
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Work closely with our engineering team in an electronics prototype development laboratory. Support research and development, engineering development and transition-to-production efforts.
Duties include building, testing and troubleshooting circuit boards, test setups, cables and assemblies.
The ideal candidate would display excellent attention to detail, good computer and communication skills and meticulous record keeping ability. With increasing complexity and responsibility with career progression, the individual would document hardware configurations, develop assembly processes and test procedures and make suggestions to the engineering team for improvements. Must have a strong work ethic and learning attitude, have a safety-oriented mindset, and be a responsible, motivated team player capable of working in a fast paced environment.
• 1 to 5 years of experience with an Associate Degree in electronics technology, 2 year certificate, or equivalent education.
• Must have a good understanding of electronics fundamentals and have basic computer skills.
• Able to read schematics and drawings, follow written and verbal instructions, communicate effectively.
• Candidate must have the ability to acquire a Security Clearance.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and provide proof of citizenship.
• Strong capabilities in fundamental and advanced RF and microwave concepts and measurement techniques.
• Proficiency in the use of general lab equipment including oscilloscopes, signal generators, analyzers and various meters.
• High skill level soldering electronic assemblies and ability to earn IPC J-STD-001 certification with provided training.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top