Engineering Technician 2
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineering Technician 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Produces engineering documentation, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics).
- Performs detailed mathematical calculations using established formulas; preliminary analyses of data where guidelines are provided in such areas as trajectory adequacy, model dimensional consistency; and quantitative judgments concerning technical data.
- Uses personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
- May conduct tests and record data to assist with engineering evaluation or analysis.
Melng; Sfwas, syseng; SITEAS
- High School Diploma or GED/Equivalent AND 2 years technical trade school or military technical school, or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Must have an active U.S. Government security clearance at the DoD Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access prior to commencement of employment
- 3-5 years of experience in electronic or systems testing in an electronics laboratory environment
- Current Special Program Acess
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top