Engineering Technician 2
- Goleta, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include satellites and associated space components and services; launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Space Systems Group is seeking an Engineering Technician 2 that will work as part of a small, dedicated Test & Metrology team using a variety of mechanical, environmental and computer driven Metrology equipment. Daily tasks will take him/her throughout our 83,000 sq. ft. engineering and manufacturing facilities, supporting a variety of program needs. This position could be located in Goleta, CA and will be on 1st shift
- Provide test and technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- Execute comprehensive component and system level test plans, procedures and test events
- Participate in test planning and test readiness reviews
- Analyze measurement requirements and equipment measurement tolerances.
- Define and maintain documented best practices for test processes and equipment.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving test equipment and infrastructure.
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such component and systems level test results and engineering design changes.
- Conduct tests and record data to assist with engineering evaluation or analysis.
- Maintains engineering documentation and reports (procedures and test reports)
- Support internal and external customers' needs.
- Identify, troubleshoot and solve test problems and provide assistance to manufacturing, inspection and engineering issues.
- Analyze data and provide reports in a variety of customers' format.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years' additional education and/or related experience.
- 2+ years overall experience as a technician in the manufacturing/engineering field
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience work with a Microsoft Office products and process documentation
- Experienced working in Cleanroom Environment and Environmental Test Area
- Availability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work on feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to manipulate equipment weighting up to 50 pounds
- US Citizenship required
- Familiarity with working around delicate spacecraft hardware an advantage
- Certification in engineering disciplines
- Some college preferred
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top