ENGINEERING TECH C
- Baltimore, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Engineering Technician C to join its Engineering Sciences Support team. This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
The Engineering Technician C will construct, test and troubleshoot a variety of electro-mechanical-optical circuits and equipment under the guidance, direction and supervision of higher classified personnel.
1. Construct, wire, bond, test and modify breadboard circuitry, micro circuit equipment and the like, where basic electronics knowledge is required in the location of components and devices for proper functioning of unit, working from detailed instructions such as sketches, schematics, string list and oral instructions. Make elementary layout of units, planning location of components and devices required in unit.
2. Obtain material, determining required components such as resistors, capacitors, transistors, printed circuits and integrated circuits, wire/bond from sketches and verbal instructions. Select components of proper value and quality in relation to unit being constructed. Make proper substitution for unavailable common components.
3. Perform laboratory tests and measurement in electro-mechanical-optical equipment selecting proper instrumentation, such as: Oscilloscopes, voltmeters, ammeters, and the like where some interpretation of test data may be required in terms of reliability.
4. Troubleshoot component items and simple interrelated circuits, selecting proper test instrumentation, which requires basic knowledge of the electro-mechanical laws involved in the functioning of the equipment.
5. Make calculations required in the summarization of data per detailed instructions, using algebraic formulae.
6. Prepare and submit test results and reports to higher classified personnel as required.
This is an SEA union represented position.
This is a 2nd shift position.
- High school graduate or recognized equivalent.
- Must possess an Associate Degree (minimum 60 semester hours) or two years (minimum 60 semester hours) of college level study with a major in Electronics -OR- Minimum of six months military electronic school plus two years working experience in the maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical equipment.
- The Engineering Tech C must have knowledge of electronic principles, the ability to wire and assembly circuits and understand the operation of basic test equipment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a minimum of Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top