Engineering Program Manager - Engineer 4
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in. The Engineering Program Manager will become part of Northrop Grumman's Engineering Program Management team supporting the Integrated Digital Systems business area.
You will be responsible for leading the Engineering efforts on multiple programs to deliver integrated digital cockpits, the role requires strong leadership and communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships across a multi-disciplined organization and team. This person has responsibility for meeting the business goals for engineering cost and schedule for projects/programs as assigned. Additionally, the Engineering Program Manager will:
- Oversee and manage the engineering design, development, test and integration of hardware and software systems.
- Serve as the engineering team liaison for communications to/from program management, manufacturing, operations, customers, and other engineering management.
- Overall technical quality and performance, budget (cost), and schedule for the engineering content of the assigned program.
- Ensure that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment in accordance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards.
- Serve as the interface between the Program Manager, Engineering Leads, Engineering Discipline/Department Managers to coordinate staffing requirements and ensure proper skill mix to support program activities.
- 9 years' experience with a Bachelor's degree; 7 Years with a Master's degree; 4 Years with a PhD degree in Engineering, Physics, Math or related technical field.
- Experience leading a small team doing a technical development effort or technical production support
- Experience with generating or reviewing basis of estimates (BOEs) in the proposal process
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Master's Degree in a technical field.
- Technical project management with budget experience.
- Experience in bid and proposal development.
- Knowledge of engineering planning, scheduling, earned value systems, and workload forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a liaison to the customer for all engineering efforts.
- Technical experience in navigation and guidance systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top