Engineering Manager 3, Triton Flight Test and Engineering Site Lead
The Engineering Manager 3, Triton Flight Test and Engineering Site Lead is directly responsible for Triton Program engineering and test activity at Patuxent River MD. This includes performing modifications, ground operations, ground tests, and experimental flight tests on three Triton MQ-4B air vehicles and conducting full spectrum system of systems testing for the U.S. Navy. This leader will be responsible for the direction of imbedded and travelling engineering personnel and the flight test team, and will have cost, schedule, and performance responsibility to the Triton Director of Systems Test and Evaluation. In addition, this position will be the direct Northrop Grumman point of contact with host squadron leadership and will interface with PMA test and evaluation personnel. He/she will drive test strategy and architecture to support major program milestones. Finally, as site lead he/she is responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all personnel, and addressing site issues and concerns such as facilities and emergency planning.
The position is based at NAS Patuxent River, Maryland and will require travel to other Northrop Grumman program sites.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM).
- Minimum of 15 years combined experience in executing flight test and/or aircraft operations.
- Minimum of 3 year hands-on experience in a leadership role on a recent Department of Defense flight test program.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a manager.
- Minimum of 1 year experience using earned value management systems.
- Must have an Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- MS Degree in Engineering or Management
- Program Management or Engineering leadership experience on a large Naval Aviation programs
- Formal flight test training, such as test pilot school
- Knowledge of NAVAIR T&E processes
- Unmanned air vehicle experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top