Engineering Manager 2 -Metrology Services
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Metrology Services Engineering Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, Ca.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
The selected candidate will manage the Northrop Grumman Redondo Beach Metrology Services Department within the Parts, Materials Process and Chemistry and Metrology organizations. They will be responsible for manage a
diverse organization of 15+ employees who test, calibrate, maintain and repair electronic measuring and test equipment (M&TE) to ensure contractual requirements are met. Tasks include staffing, employee development, establishing and implementing policy, program support, increasing organizational competitiveness and ensuring adequate laboratory technical capability. Required skills include exceptional communication with all levels of personnel from entry level to senior leadership as well as external and internal customers.
-Provide leadership and direction to team, ensuring sufficient statement of work,
manage workload effectively including; quality, cost, scheduling, subcontracting, cycle time, productivity and efficiency
- Manage employee performance and engagement including engagement strategies for both high and low performers
- Act as the first point of contact for program technical issues with regard to calibrated DC/Low Frequency M&TE
- Manage workload and employees for one or more small offsite satellite calibration laboratories
- Manage SCIF activities for sanitization of M&TE with non-volatile memory,
- Participate in recruiting and hiring activities supporting the Metrology Services department
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
- 5 years of previous experience in managing a metrology/calibration lab or maintaining electronic measuring and budget management experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active SCI clearance
- 2 years in a leadership or supervisory role
- Master's degree(Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
- Demonstrated 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Strong background in using, managing or maintaining low frequency electronic measuring and test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, low frequency generators, or digital multi-meters is preferred.
- Experience in Metrology Systems based on industry standards AS9100, ISO 17025, ANSI Z540.
- The ability to interface with all level of employees and management
- Active, DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Back to top