Engineering Manager 2 - B-2 Ground Operations
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems – Flight Test Center of Excellence, Ground Test Field Operations Department is seeking a Ground Operations Manager for the B-2 program. The Ground Operations Manager will lead a group of 39 personnel comprised of Managers, Engineers, Admin Support Personnel, and Flight Test Technicians supporting program test article activities.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- oversee all ground operations aspects of the program to ensure the successful execution of all aircraft modifications and test operations.
- ensure deployment and enforcement of standard processes and procedures throughout the organization.
- ensure the aircraft are maintained in accordance with Northrop Grumman processes and are ready for testing to support a dynamic test schedule.
- work with program leadership to assess issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and program cost/schedule objectives as well as develop and maintain metrics for monitoring the team's progress.
- develop and maintain excellent relations with multiple US government agencies, including maintenance, quality, and flight operations.
- be responsible for managing cost accounts associated with assigned statement of work.
- support new business proposals, process initiatives and employee development.
- be responsible for configuration control of all assets.
- maintain adequate staffing levels to ensure the program Statement of Work is met.
- ensure all security requirements are met.
The selected candidate must possess:
- excellent communication and organizational skills.
- an ability to lead a large diverse team.
- demonstrated initiative and willingness to solve problems with long-term solutions.
- outstanding people management and interpersonal skills.
- an ability to interface with all levels of functional and project management while integrating with host entities.
- experience in implementing process changes and project management.
- an ability to manage several tasks/projects simultaneously.
- an ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Secret clearance with PAR.
This position reports functionally to the Flight Test Center of Excellence, Ground Test Field Operations Manager and programmatically to the B-2 Flight Test Manager, and will assist with various elements of the organization.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
- Minimum of 5 years combined experience in any of the following: Flight Test, Aircraft Maintenance, or Ground Test Operations.
- Minimum of 1 year experience managing staff
- Must have an Active DOD Top Secret Clearance
- Significant experience in the developmental flight test maintenance environment.
- Special Program Access (SAP)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top