Engineering Manager 1
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission System Sector means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Engineering Manager 1, reporting to the to join our Salt Lake City manufacturing team. The Salt Lake City facility boasts of a state-of-the-art fitness center, on-site cafeteria, and a friendly, casual work environment. In addition, this site follows an alternative, 9/80 workweek schedule for most positions.
The Engineering Manager 1 will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing and test operations of a fiber optic inertial products assembly line. The manager will interface with production, mission assurance, customers, and program management to establish long and short term priorities, maintain budgets, and improve and maintain the processes and tests associated with the production of multiple fiber optic inertial sensors. This position will manage a staff of 5 to 10 multi-disciplined engineers providing daily task prioritization, long term project planning, career development, and performance feedback.
- Bachelor's degree of science in an engineering or technical discipline.
- 5 years experience as an engineer in a manufacturing environment preferably related to fiber optics.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience.
- Masters degree in either a technical or managerial discipline.
- Hands on manufacturing, quality or test engineering experience with Fiber Optic Gyro inertial sensors or systems.
- Experience in a missile defense agency or space manufacturing environment such as the Specialty Products Area.
- Experience in a leadership role not necessarily management (ERG's, HIP, Outreach Programs, etc..)
- Prior experience or exposure to managing departmental budgets.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top