Engineering Manager 1
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life. We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager 1 to join our growing team in Warner Robins, Georgia.
- Overseeing and executing daily operations of a team or work unit (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, and operating costs).
- Day-to-day operations, engineering management, strategic planning and program and personnel management for a collection of related government contracts in our Warner Robins Georgia office
- Assignments are received in task oriented terms.
- Provides direction to subordinates using established policies and precedents.
- Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Full working knowledge of procedures and practices.
- Monitors work operations of exempt and/or non-exempt employees on a daily basis and actively assists or provides direction to subordinates as required.
- May perform, especially in staff or professional groups, on-going operational tasks of organizational groups.
- Executes department procedures that typically affect individual employees within own department.
- Policy management: Administers and executes policies and procedures that typically affect individual subordinate employees.
- Either 7 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree, 5 years of experience with a Master's, or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Experience leading a technical team
- Experience interfacing with customers
- Experience managing cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Exposure to Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Experience in program planning, risk management, configuration management and technical oversight of engineering services, software block cycle updates, Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) Form, Fit and Function (FFF) hardware re-design and production government contracts
- Experience or exposure to proposal development
- Candidate must have been involved in requirements development, system designs, implementation and test
- 7 years of experience with Election Warfare (EW) including receivers, countermeasures, mission data development and threat simulation
- Experience with white paper development, customer engagement, proposal development and negations
- Experience with the B-52 EW and the ALQ-155 Electronic Countermeasures system, software and support equipment
- Real-time embedded development and testing are also a plus.
- Experience using EVMS to baseline and management programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top