Engineering Estimating Lead - Sr. Principal Proposal Analyst - San Diego, CA
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, employees have an incredible opportunity to work on revolutionary Aerospace Systems that have a direct impact on people's lives around the world. This critical effort advances national security, human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We are looking for the next leaders who have bold new ideas, courage and a revolutionary spirit to join forces and help write the future, and have an unforgettable time along the way. Our culture thrives on engagement, inclusion, core values, rapid innovation and extremely high performance and there is a mutual drive to do the impossible. Our employees not only become part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is currently seeking a highly engaged professional that will perform cost estimating and proposal analysis supporting the Triton Program within the Autonomous Systems (AtS) Division.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The selected candidate will have the opportunity to be a key member of a very successful team supporting current development, manufacturing, sustaining contracts and future international new business opportunities located in San Diego, CA.
- Cost Lead for major Cost Volume Proposals where Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is the prime contractor for our NAVAIR customer.
- Lead estimator for Engineering & Manufacturing labor estimating managing data driven top down estimates for labor, material, and other direct costs based on request for proposal (RFP) requirements.
- Analyze specifications and Statement of Work, collect cost data from technical representatives, prepare and maintain historical cost data, calculate execution and deliverable costs using detailed schedules and historical data. Support Proposal teams to generate Supplier SOW (SSOW) and internal SOW redline reviews.
- Develop and review BOEs for quality and compliance while ensuring timeliness, revise BOEs in an iterative process to incorporate changes throughout the fact-finding process, provide standardized BOE processes, tools and training to functional estimators.
- Develop and maintain various cost estimating models across various phased of the program including development, production and sustaining, determine requirements that drive cost, initiate and status efforts to meet affordability target commitments.
- Lead the development of risk and opportunity analysis, provide standardized risk tools, analyze risk associated with each type of estimate, create maintain risk & Opportunity register and develop and support the implementation of a mitigation strategy, guide the cost strategy discussion for risk mitigation, management reserve, and margin protection.
- Support post submittal activities including but not limited to customer evaluation/ fact-finding, negotiations, and DCAA/DCMA audits.
- Mentor and train junior pricing and estimating professionals on the team in support of company goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, operations research, math or related scientific field.
- 10 years cost estimating experience or 8 years cost estimating experience with Master's degree.
- Lead Estimating experience
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, experience with complex cost modeling, experience in engineering and manufacturing estimating, project management skills, with a strong business background.
- Strong leadership skills, strong verbal and interpersonal skills, team player, self-starter, problem solver; possess a strong work ethic, and have good communication skills.
- Experience with technical writing and Microsoft Excel skills including VBA.
- Experience with the Government Contracting environment with strong understanding of defense contract budgeting and cost estimating techniques, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of engineering requirements, manufacturing processes, cost estimating methods, quantitative cost risk analysis and experience using Crystal Ball.
- Subject Matter Expert for should-cost analysis, high level engineering manufacturing parametric/analogous estimates, life cycle cost estimates and SEER modeling.
- Proficiency in ProPricer, Cost Estimating BOE tools and SAP business applications.
- Ability to obtain Secret DoD clearance.
Back to top