Engineering Design 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineer Design 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
Designs major components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations. Develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal. Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost. Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development. Makes layouts of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures. Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers. Be able to design in for a lab environment.
- Bachelor's degree within a science, technical, engineering or mathematics (STEM) discipline with 9 years of test experience, Masters with 7 years of experience or 4 years with a PHD.
- Experience creating and modifying electrical systems.
- Experience troubleshooting systems to identify and assist in the correct the root cause.
- Experience with creating, editing engineering drawings in VISIO, AUTOCAD or CATIA.
- Active In-Scope (reviewed in the last 6 years) Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain program access.
- Previous experience troubleshooting electrical subsystems or Line Replaceable Units (LRU).
- Experience with leading small team of design engineers.
- Experience in releasing drawings through an engineering release application like Team Center.
- Experience with using various scopes including WireShark.
- Basic knowledge of at least one of the following: MIL-STD-1553b, IEE-1394 or ARINC-429.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top