Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
This position will be located in McLean, VA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The ideal successful candidate will use their functional knowledge and technical expertise to provide support to a large DOD-facing project. Responsibilities include writing test cases and procedures, reporting on quality metrics, influencing software design, involvement in product development, and testing release cycles to ensure changes are of high quality and meet requirements. You will also perform functional requirements testing of new software builds and verify technical documentation; document the results and findings of the QA testing and assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes.
- Develop detailed test cases and procedures for hardware/software integration and functional testing of applications with web-based user interfaces, including end to end, integration, system, back-end and validation testing
- Develop formal system test plans and reports
- Perform tasks to test programs for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to documented functional requirements
- Document all test anomalies and actively support the investigation and resolution of all anomalies
- Maintain performance metrics and report daily status to management
- Develop and track plans for issue closure and risk mitigation
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- 4 years direct experience in Quality Assurance, System or Software Testing, or equivalent, particularly outlining test plans, defining necessary regression testing, and test case and procedure development and execution. Must have experience generating requirements to test procedure traceability matrix and producing test procedures from business, functional and system requirements and software design specifications.
- Must have experience with design and execution of system and integration testing for web-based user interface applications.
- Must be able to exercise application software and architecture sufficient to prove or disprove the tests success.
- Must be able to convey the results of the test both verbally and written to the development and management staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card) holder
- Must have Secret/Top Secret clearance or be able to obtain Secret/Top Secret clearance.
Preferred Qualifications: (Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration):
- LoadRunner, Quick Test Pro (QTP) and WinRunner
- Experience with executing performance testing and load testing
- Experience in automated testing
- Experience with healthcare applications and terminology, specifically supporting the Defense Health Agency
- Expertise in designing, building and deploying interfaces utilizing health IT interoperability standards such as Dicom, HL7, IHE, & FHIR
- Demonstrated understanding of hospital information systems, electronic health records, and health information exchanges
- Experience with DoD Risk Management Framework
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top