Engineer Test 2-19500
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Test Engineer for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location.
Candidate's primary mission will be to support Ground and Flight Tests as an Event Coordinator. Selected candidate is responsible for coordinating test event requirements and supporting test planning by securing test assets and resources necessary to execute a ground test per approved test architecture. Event Coordinator will coordinate test environment configuration within the
Missile Defense Integration Operations Center and ensure "shared" resources are protected during test execution. Test Coordinator will also be responsible for developing emerging processes and procedures for the DEPO Event Coordination section and analyzing these newly developed processes and procedures ensuring optimum resource allocation for all assigned tests. Event Coordinator is responsible for developing and authoring Event Coordination continuity books and associated checklists in support of contract transition. Event Coordinator will ensure test architectures and processes are developed and properly implemented. Event Coordinator is also responsible for analyzing and providing decision recommendations for maintenance and work requests during event infrastructure freezes. Selectee for this position will also be the Deputy Risk Engineer for JRDC/DEPO. Additionally, Event Coordinator will also use MS Visio to develop DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) drawings supporting all Ground and Flight Tests.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM related field and at least 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Background in Test and Operations and Risk Management
- Demonstrated experience with multiple support environments (such as strategic planning, operations, and project management)
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, coordination, and data capture
- Ability to interact directly with senior-level personnel
- Familiarity with BMDS Operations
- Ability to work, both, individually and in a team environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (i.e., nights and weekends) when required
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Active DoD Secret Security clearance and ability to obtain and maintain DoD Top Secret Security.
- 10 years relevant commercial and/or DoD experience.
- Capable and willing to support occasional CONUS travel
- Prior experience on NORTHCOM Staff
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top