Engineer Test 2
Astro Aerospace, a Strategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman based out of Carpinteria, CA, is a leader and pioneer in creating technologies for space deployable structures. Astro holds a stellar 100% on-orbit deployment success record on hundreds of flight units and our continuing commitment to high quality means reliable space deployable products for programs.
Astro Aerospace is currently seeking a qualified Engineer Test 2 for our site in Goleta, CA. This position will report the Test Manager and is responsible for testing and leading test activities required for major satellite sub-assemblies. S(he) will track production and engineering progress to ensure test related resources, timelines and assignments are aligned. S(he) will also work closely with design engineering, the program office, customer representatives, engineer liaison and production to ensure test activities meet program objectives, budgets, and customer requirements.
- Review and interpret customer specifications and requirements
- Generate test concepts, procedures, plans and associated documentation
- Communicate test plans to customer representatives, the program office and design teams to ensure all requirements are met and stakeholders are aligned
- Work with Test Manager to generate team staffing plans and schedules
- Lead test activities on site, at vendors, customer production facilities
- Communicate plans to technicians and work with Systems Engineers, Mechanical Vehicle Engineers and Production and Test Managers to coordinate activities and resolve problems
- Work with Tooling Designers, Astro Engineering and Customer Engineers to generate tooling drawings
- Work with the materials group and suppliers to procure and fabricate test tooling
- Attend design reviews and test meetings. Document minutes/actions and communicate accordingly.
- Communicate test improvements to Test Manager and Engineering. Initiate and track Engineering Change Orders.
- Work with manufacturing team and Quality to identify and implement corrective action plans
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers to incorporate test procedures into manufacturing order instructions and related process documents
This position involves functional, load, thermal, vibration and other types of testing related to deployment mechanism for space applications. Hands-on mechanical ability and versatility are a must in this test position. Ability to operate data acquisition systems, controllers, and measurement devices as needed, will be required.
2 years of experience with Bachelors; 0 years with Master's; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong mechanical ability preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top