Engineer Test 2
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Software Test Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Linthicum, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Experienced Software Tester to join our team to assure we deliver the highest quality software products for our customer. The Software Tester works with team members to design, develop, and implement testing methods and equipment in an Agile development environment. The Test Engineer plans and arranges for testing and evaluating standard and special devices, including for test events with the customer. The successful candidate will provide parameters for sample testing and specifies the tests to be performed. The Test Engineer compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. The successful candidate will work as a key contributor, and should have a demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders. The successful candidate must have experience developing test documentation (e.g., test plans, procedures, and test cases). The Test Engineer is responsible for working with systems engineers, systems integrators, and software developers to plan, create, and execute functional and capability testing on software and systems
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing and implementing test plans (including unit testing, regression testing, and continuous integration testing), and experience implementing Agile software development methodologies (may be concurrent with the aforementioned 2 years of test plan experience)
- Experience translating complex program requirements into testable objectives
- Experience creating and analyzing test scripts/test cases
- Experience using automated testing to ensure software efficiency and process repeatability
- Experience evaluating and reporting test results
- Experience implementing quality control checks
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- 2 years of software testing experience
- Agile Experience
- Boolean Logic
- Query Generation
Experience with Custom Search Engines
- NSG/NGA and DoD Metadata Profiles
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top