Engineer Technical Services 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a System Maintainer to help support a program located in North Yorkshire, England.
The program is seeking a highly qualified, mission-oriented individual looking to realize the rewards of maintaining innovative and complex systems. The individual should be motivated, engaged and technically talented to join our team of diverse and extremely qualified professionals.
The team requires an individual with combined software engineering and system administration experience who can work in a structured configuration controlled environment, primarily focused on the support and maintenance of real-time software applications hosted on a broad range of computing platforms.
The selected candidate will be responsible for evaluating operational software and infrastructure problems and providing immediate solutions to restore service (providing on-call 24×7 emergency anomaly response). Responsibilities also include the integration and verification of new software baselines.
A comprehensive overseas compensation package is offered with this position including relocation assistance.
- Requires a BS (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics fields) and 2 years experience in Linux and Windows.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph and SSBI (updated within the last 4 years).
- Experience performing physical-to-virtual and virtual-to-virtual migrations.
- Strong Linux and VMware and vSphere skillsets.
- Current Security or CISSP certification.
An initial 18 month tour commitment is required.
- Experience integrating, testing and managing complex virtualized systems.
- Experience with system hardening and security best practices.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top