Engineer Systems Test 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Systems Test Engineer4 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
- The ideal candidate synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems. Coordinates integrated testing activities. Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program. Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Additional responsibilities include Updating/generating Test Plans, evaluating requirements, generatingelectronic procedures, generating updating Automated Test Scripts, becoming familiar withtest applications andtest requirements, performing the calibration/validation fortest racks, performing test equipment movement and setup, performing functional testing and documenting/troubleshooting test anomalies.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment, or Masters of Science degree in a STEM field from an accredited institution and7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Practical working experience with network analyzers, signal generators, power meters, spectrum analyzers, bit pattern generators, bit analyzers, oscilloscopes
- Demonstrated knowledge of common RF and digital Instrumentation
- Active In-Scope DoD SCI Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to operate RF and digital equipment both manually and remotely via software
- Basic Programming Skills in one or more of these areas: Python, C, Matlab, Excel
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top