Engineer Systems Test 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in San Diego, CA has an immediate opening for an Engineer Systems Test 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the System Integration, Test and Evaluation (SIT&E) organization. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
The selected candidate will direct and oversee the test planning, integration, lab and flight test program of the SIT&E IPT.
- Candidates should have a broad understanding of systems design, development, implementation and testing
- Have a strong foundation of test fundamentals for laboratory and flight integration and test.
- Develop and work with lab test, flight test and systems engineers to hone and define verification requirements,
- Support proposal development activities and develop long range strategic plans for the program test resource.
- Architect the overall SYS III test procedure planning process
The position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with customers, program management, responsible engineers, contractors, and project personnel. The selected candidate must act with speed, produce quality work, ensure accuracy and efficiency in all tasking, be self-motivated and have the ability to collaborate well in a team environment. This position requires technical knowledge of various air vehicle and ground systems, IFC development, test planning, risk and opportunities management, laboratory integration and testing and flight test processes and execution.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university
- 9+ years engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and 7+ years of engineering experience
- Ability to obtain Security + Certificate
- An active in-scope Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline
- Experience in Flight Test lab or flight testing.
- Experience in Communications.
- Highly desire 6 years of applicable experience in lab and/or flight test operations
- Extensive experience working in both lab and flight test environments with unmanned aircraft
- Understanding of air vehicle and ground systems
- Experience on proposals and developing contract requirements
- International contract and export control experience within the government contacting industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Solaris, Unix and Cisco Networking Protocols/Configuration
- Active, In scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top