Engineer Systems Test 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) is looking for a Systems Test Engineer to join their growing and diverse team supporting the High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE) production program. This position is located in Palmdale, California.
The Systems Test Engineer will conduct Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs) on the HALE production aircraft systems, utilizing applicable test equipment and documentation.
Typical Duties include:
- Troubleshooting failed steps and anomalies, using mechanical and electrical schematics, test equipment, and other resources.
Working on a variety of aircraft systems, sub-systems, and specialized test equipment
- Interacting with responsible engineers and other engineering disciplines.
- Communicating effectively with interdisciplinary and intra-company teams of engineers.
- Utilizing a broad understanding of systems design, development, implementation and testing of sub-systems to drive problems to resolution.
- Working at times independently of other system experts, by developing technical knowledge of various systems, sub-systems, and specialized test equipment.
Traveling occasionally on short duration trips to company or customer locations may be required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline, plus 9 years of engineering experience OR MS degree in STEM plus 7 years
- Current active DoD Secret security clearance required to start
- Must be able to support the conduct of tests plane-side, both indoors and outdoors.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Current DoD Top Secret, SAP, or SCI clearance
- Background of acceptance testing on aircraft systems such as: Avionics, Fuels, Flight Controls, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Navigational, Sensors, and Propulsion.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills to provide customer support
- Knowledgeable in MATLAB, LabView, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, NX, FORTRAN
- Experience with: C , JAVA, Pearl, Python
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience working on aircraft development platforms
- Some experience with planning, scheduling or cost accounting methods
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top