Engineer Systems Test 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Japan Global Hawk System Test & Integration team is looking for an experienced System Test Engineer. Qualifying candidates are expected to have a broad technical background and a proven track record to lead both small and large teams in a multidisciplinary team environment. The candidate must be able to work complex technical problems, provide meaningful solutions, and act as a consultant to management in terms of direction to be taken and in the pursuing of courses of action.
Candidate will be expected to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, ability to learn new systems quickly and collaborate across multiple disciplines.
Candidate must be able to work closely with the customer and other business partners, representing Northrop Grumman in a highly professional manner.
The position entails but is not limited to the scope identified below:
- Combine customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Coordinate and manage test activities, engineers and support functions
- Extensive knowledge of HALE systems
- Experience leading a lab test team
- Global Hawk / Triton Lab Test Conductor/Director desired
This position will require occasional off shift work and overtime.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university
- 9+ years engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and 7+ years of engineering experience
- Ability to obtain Security + Certificate
- An active in-scope Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline
- Experience in lab or flight testing.
- Experience in Communications.
- Highly desire 6 years of applicable experience in lab and/or flight test operations
- Extensive experience working in both lab and flight test environments with unmanned aircraft
- Understanding of air vehicle and ground systems
- Experience on proposals and developing contract requirements
- International contract and export control experience within the government contacting industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Active, In scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top