Engineer Systems Test 4
Join Northrop Grumman Mission Systems and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The Avionics and Tactical Networks (A&TN) team is searching for a Systems Test and Integration Engineer 4 to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge in a dynamic and highly-technical working environment. At Northrop Grumman’s Avionics and Tactical Networks (A&TN) Operating Unit, our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation radio systems for our armed forces, and our Electronic Warfare group is creating the next generation of Improved Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm’s way. The A&TN Engineering Organization is seeking a highly-motivated, experienced Systems Test and Integration Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will become part of the A2AD (Anti Access Area Denial) group which is an exciting and growing department responsible for providing multifunction SIGINT and Communications functions on multiple, simultaneous RF channels to the world’s most sophisticated platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop integration and test documentation for federated communications, beyond line of sight systems and restricted programs
- Develop software requirements
- Develop hardware troubleshooting plan
- Perform trade studies
- Perform System Engineering analysis
- Generate and lead internal technical presentations
Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints. Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems. Coordinates integrated testing activities. Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program. Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an accredited university or equivalent military experience
- 9 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 7 years with a Master’s degree; 5 years with a PhD
- Experience with Systems Engineering and understanding of the systems lifecycle
- Exposure to root cause analysis, architectures, trade studies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within groups
- U.S. citizen with the ability to maintain a Secret Clearance
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Proficiency in System Engineering and Integration and Test concepts
- Exposure to Hardware and Software Engineering (Hardware, Software, Unit/Sub System/System/Platform level integration and test, troubleshooting techniques, failure analysis/root cause analysis techniques)
- Working level knowledge of communication systems
- Experience managing a technical team
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Experience with aerospace development, production and fielding
- Exposure to communication, surveillance and military beyond line-of-sight (BLOS) systems
- Current active DoD Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top