Engineer Systems Test 4
At Northrop Grumman we develop leading-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Within our Aerospace Systems Sector, we are committed to being a leader in Autonomous Systems, Military Aircraft Systems, Space Systems, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us:responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Our Autonomous Design Center of Excellence, headquartered in San Diego CA but with our Grand Sky Autonomous Capabilities Center in Emerado ND, pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences, all to provide a decisive advantage to the warfighter.The Systems/Software Integration & Test Engineering team at Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is looking for you to join our team based out of Emerado, ND at Grand Sky. Come be a part of our mission!
What You'll Get to Do:
As a Systems/Software Integration & Test Engineer at our Grand Sky facility in North Dakota you will be working through the early development stages to create test approaches and drivers using scripting languages in order to automate testing in an advanced hardware/software laboratory environment, dramatically improving quality and efficiency of requirements verification in support of rapid weapon system modification and deployment. Tasks will include analysis of requirements verification procedures, script programming and troubleshooting, and test execution using aircraft closed loop flight simulations and graphical user interfaces.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
- 9+ years of Software, Systems, Integration and Test or Engineering experience and a Bachelor's of Science degree, or 7+ years of such experience and a Master's of Science degree.
- Software programming experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret level clearance.
- Bachelor's or Master's of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Experience with programming or scripting in languages such as Python, Java and/or C/C++
- Experience in a variety of software development environments (Linux, UNIX, Windows, and/or other OS).
- Experience in systems integration and test of autonomous unmanned aircraft systems, translating requirement specifications into automated test plans and test verification scripts.
- Ability to organize, develop and lead reviews of detailed written Test Plan and Test Procedure artifacts.
- Experience with test automation tools/frameworks, Atlassian Tool Suite, and/or Agile software development process.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of test engineers, estimate and plan work efforts, and complete tasking with minimal supervision.
- Diagnostic/problem solving skills.
- Work well in a team environment, have strong communication skills and willing to travel as necessary.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills.
- Active DoD Secret.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top